Thursday, February 1, 2018

Weathered

Since I couldn't think of anything to draw, I opened an old magazine for inspiration and chanced upon a photograph of an actor. Now, because I'm rarely successful in capturing likenesses, I thought I'd use his middle-aged features for reference to aid me in drawing an imaginary older person. I put the magazine away after roughing in the head, certain no one would ever suspect (or care) about my source. That's when Kathy walked by, said the face reminded her of someone and then amazed me by guessing the thespian (although, to be honest, it took her two tries). I was so surprised that I didn't even think to tell her she guessed correctly. In fact, I was so stunned that I quit working on the drawing, which is why the picture looks the way it does. I'm not so bedazzled with Kathy's keen detective abilities now, however, since she's been walking by as I type this and keeps guessing more and more people, most of whom I've never heard of. Still, it does make me wonder if anyone else could ever guess the model's identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nadine

It had been a harsh and bitter year for her. All the ghosts she stored in glass flasks in the cellar had freed themselves. Then the monsters...